[IAEP] devel announce list; publicizing major software & firmware updates

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Tue Jul 20 01:34:46 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Samuel Klein <sj at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> I also want to remind people of the Latest Releases infobox on the
>> wiki homepage.  Please update this information if you publish a new
>> stable release for any platform, or a new firmware release.  Wiki
>> admins can edit that information by following the "+/-" link in the
>> lower right-hand corner.
>>  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Latest_Releases
>
> IMHO, someone at OLPC should be the one updating the infobox on the
> OLPC wiki as it implies a degree of support from OLPC that the
> community cannot presume.

When releases are made, the actual release processes I know of involve
updates to a mailing list; the wiki simply reflects the latest updates
that have been announced.  Anyone following that release process can
update the appropriate page (or, if they are not a wiki admin, ask an
admin to do it).

I would love to see a similar brief summary of the latest stable raw
sugar and soas releases (stable and dev) as well - preferably on both
the olpc-wiki and the sl-wiki.

SJ