[IAEP] Feedback request for my Python tutorial

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:19:21 EDT 2010

Hi Dinko,
A quick note on my way out the door.  Since you are writing the tutorial in the first person singular (rather than first person plural  "editorial we", you probably will want to have it be the computer (or Python) talking.  So in the first paragraph of the Intro, you might want to give the speaker a name and start something like this:
"Hello there, and welcome to <tutorial name>. I'm Pippy Man (or what ever you pick for a name) and I will be your guide to this adventure in programming.  I "speak" Python so we will need an interpreter for you to be able to give me commands (tell me what to do).
An interpreter is a special computer program that changes your commands from Python to a language I can understand so that I can do what you tell me to do. And, by the way, I always do exactly what you tell me to do... which may not always be what you thought you told me to do.  Programming is full of lots of surprises!
Now, before we continue, please tell me your name.... etc>"
Or something like that!
Heading out for Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park. Taking t XOs so I can test some of the stuff.
Caryl