[IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOBs] Discussion minutes from this week, 2010/06/25

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 1 05:35:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 19:31, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
> We didn't have a SLOBs meeting today officially, because of non-quorum,
> but some of us were in-channel and got through the agenda as best we could.
>
> The full log is up at
> http://me.etin.gs/sugar-meeting/sugar-meeting.log.20100625_1103.html.
> I've added the log to
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Minutes#Past_meetings and
> noted that it wasn't an official SLOBs one.
>
> Here's what we covered:
>
> 1. F11+0.88+XO-1.* as a SL project -
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2010-June/011241.html
>
> 2. Ooo4Kids logo display request -
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2010-June/011240.html
>
> 3. TM usage applications -
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2010-June/011237.html
>
> Since all three of these are continuing discussions, and we'll be
> continuing those discussions on-list, I've linked to those discussion
> threads from the agenda for next week,
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Minutes#Next_meeting.
>
> The other two things on the list for next week are "Review of RM search"
> and "Motion and possible vote on Sugar certification," - I am not sure
> what the latter means, so clarification would be great, what's the
> motion we're looking at?
>
> It feels good to have this stuff move forward.
>
> Question for all Sugar folks: what do *YOU* think the most pressing
> problems in our community are? Because that's what SLOBs should be
> addressing.

I think what SLs needs most is more discussions about how to find the
resources for what we want to happen. I think this is even more
important than having goals, because it's my impression that people
don't even have time to discuss which goals we should have, what means
to be a "goal", how they are publicized and how we can make sure they
have some influence in what gets done, etc.

It's my believe that if we had a defined forum for discussing
resourcing such a Community Team with regular meetings and a TODO list
it would help bringing these issues to the front.

Regards,

Tomeu