[IAEP] planet

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Fri Jan 29 05:23:41 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 18:09, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> the planet is not spidered and doesn't show up in search results...
> also, the concept of a planet (text lifted from original posts) is
> unfortunately counter-intuitive to those who haven't already grokked
> how a planet works (cf.
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2009-May/000942.html)
>
> I think the planet could better fulfill its role if there were some
> categorization of blog posts, allowing a theme (tag) filter; many
> posts are too technical for teachers, others are (certainly
> interesting but) off-topic personal musings.

I was not saying the planet was perfect, just that people are writing
important content there but most people don't know it exists.

> Christian Vanizette is working on the first issue of the Sugar
> Journal, he's travelling right now but i have cc'd him perhaps he will
> have ideas

I think something like the Sugar Journal is very important in itself,
but I still think that we need some sort of automated blog
syndication. But the Planet is what we have today.

Regards,

Tomeu