[IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOBs] prep for Friday's meeting

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 19:29:54 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
> Administrative stuff below - I'm trying to make it as interesting as
> possible, believe me. ;)
>
> In an attempt to line things up so that we can get efficiently through
> Friday morning's meeting (and, I hope, nail those Trademark notions
> through), Walter, Bernie, and I started a meeting prep page.
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2010-01-22
>
> It's got handy-dandy background information references, discussion
> points, budget proposals with rationale, draft motions to be proposed
> after discussion points have been worked through, probable follow-up
> actions for if a motion passes...
>
> There are some missing bits we could use to improve this document so we
> can really CRUSH THINGS! on Friday.
>
> 1.
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2010-01-22#Finances
> could use a quick status update, so we don't need to spend a lot of time
> coming up to speed on the state of things at the beginning of the
> meeting.

> Where do our finances stand?

We have assets of $25507.96 as of the Nov 2009 report from the SFC.
(About 7K of this is discretionary, the rest is tied to the GPA
grant.)

> Do we need to worry about taxes, etc?

No

> Any impending invoices?

Yes. We have a number of pending invoices against the GPA grant.

> Who's responsible for keeping track of this, where are they filing things, and when are we regularly checking in on financial matters?

This is one of the services we receive as part of our SFC membership.
Once per month (around the ides) we get an update from the SFC.
Currently, I am the one who checks with them on all financial matters,
but it would be great if there were someone willing to volunteer in
this space.

Recall that the process for requesting payments is detailed here:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance/Transactions

> 2. Are we missing any discussion points for trademark on
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2010-01-22#Discussion_points?
>
> 3. Does anyone have any thoughts on the discussion points for trademark
> (again,
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2010-01-22#Discussion_points)?
> The more discussion we can have on iaep before the meeting, the more
> likely we are to be able to approve a trademark policy on Friday morning.
>
> That's all - thanks for your patience, everyone!
> Thoughts/comments/patches/flames extremely welcome.
>
> --Mel

-walter
--
Walter Bender