[IAEP] Need More SoaS Help!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 16 22:45:41 EST 2010

Hi All...

OK lots of questions I need answered, preferably before I leave on Tuesday, because I will need to do all these things in about 48 hours after I get home.

I still haven't been able to get the new versions of SoaS to run on my Mac.  I did run an old version from  Virtual Box and it is actually still installed on my Mac.

For SCaLE, they will have a "Try-it Lab" and they are going to include a Sugar session with XOs and SoaS.  I will bring the XOs.  They will have assorted netbooks also to run SoaS.  Do I have to download every single copy of SoaS or is there a way I can clone a good working copy of on my Mac?

If the answer is "yes", will it work on both a usb drive and an SD card?

Is SoaS different when made on PCs vs Macs?

Can one made on the Mac be used on a PC?

Also, so I don't have to hunt for it in my Python textbook, (wish I could learn it by putting it under my pillow when I sleep), what is the way to get into terminal on the Mac?  I know I did it before and I think I found the instructions in the Python book, but can't seem to find it on the Mac itself.  I know I am just using the wrong search term, but.... help would be appreciated!

I will probably have more questions, but this will do for starters.

Thanks,
Caryl