[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Why #sugar should be logged - a plug for transparency and ease of use.

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Wed Jan 13 14:02:20 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 08:29:58AM -0500, Jeff Elkner wrote:

> I'm really not interested in beating a dead horse, [...]
I deliberately focussed on your workflow "issue" exactly to avoid that.
:)

> [...], but I have 4 different computers on which I normally work, plus
> I work on other people's computers when I travel.  Having stuff in the
> cloud is simply easier for me.
OK, this was the missing part of the puzzle. You're running IRC clients
on several different computers that don't share the logs in any way, so
naturally you prefer it to be kept in a central, public place (i.e. a
web site since IRC doesn't support server-side storage).
Since I keep the IRC logs (and a whole lot of other stuff) in sync using
unison [1] and often work "offline" I naturally prefer the logs to be
kept locally.

Thanks, I do understand your needs better now! :-|

[1] http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/