[IAEP] dealing with mailing lists

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Wed Jan 13 08:20:23 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 03:14, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> On 01/12/2010 08:55 PM, Marten Vijn wrote:
> > - I got cc'ed halfway a thread
> > - some mail are 4-5 times (cc'ing / crossposting)

Your mail client doesn't collate mails with similiar content and identical
Message-IDs? Maybe Gmail has me spoiled, but I'm sure there are ways in
other clients...

> Hmm, some people do cc people to highlight specific persons some do
> remove cc and only post to the list to keep traffic low. We should at
> least have a guideline about it, otherwise you can not rely on a
> constant income-stream.

I for one like it when people use Cc:. If I'm CC'd to an email that is
relevant to me, I'm more likely to see it and respond to it.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc