[IAEP] dealing with mailing lists

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Tue Jan 12 14:55:37 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 17:58 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this message is to share my concern with the fact that people that
> could play a very important role in Sugar Labs have expressed their
> inability to read and participate on any of our mailing lists. Any
> ideas about what we could do here? Is Walter's Community Newsletter
> enough? What about when we know that their feedback is needed?

Well a lot email is hard to read for me:
- I find a lot sentences / abbreviations hard to read
- top posting
- subjects no changing with the topic
- I got cc'ed halfway a thread
- some mail are 4-5 times (cc'ing / crossposting)

So I know I miss messages where I could serve.

My suggestions (not much news):
- no top posting
- reply to list (less cc's)
- less lists / crossposting
- no "me too" responces
- avoid abbreviations
- use simple to understand English

Actually I am at the point to unsubscribe from most sugarlab
mailinglists to keep my inbox more free for other projects.
Generally if don't respond in less than 24 hours I may assume that
missed the email.

2ct Marten

--
http://www.voedselbankleiden.nl needs your help!