[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Mockup for collab.sugarlabs.org

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 07:34:04 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> maybe I wasn't enough clear, tools like wiki are to common, e.g. why
> people use bugs tracker instead of wiki or mls.

Trackers, um, track state of the issues/bugs/tasks, and let you

 - form a narrow forum of discussion on a very specific topic -
minimising noise at the expense of reducing the number of eyes

 - track completion towards an overall goal

Mailing lists have again a different dynamic. But what you are looking
for seems to me exactly what the feature request => blueprints =>
tracker workflow achieves. SL has it right now.

Of course, maybe I am misunderstanding the scenario you are trying to address.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions