[IAEP] ubuntu-sugar-remix.iso preliminary testing results

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Jan 2 21:44:24 EST 2010

> From:  <dfarning at ubuntu.com>
> Date: Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 19:28
> Subject: Ubuntu-Sugar-Remix weekly Status: 10.04-alpha1 release
> To: Ubuntu SugarTeam <ubuntu-sugarteam at lists.ubuntu.com>
>

> Hey all,
>
> I am a couple of day ahead of schedule on the 10.04-alpha1 release of
> Ubuntu-Sugar-Remix. The release can be downloaded from
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/dfarning/ and copied to a usb memory stick
> using standard iso tools.

First preliminary testing results:

I used the .iso with VMWorstation6.5.2
installed to 4GB Virtual disk:
VMworkstation recognized Ubuntu and installed easily on EeePC1000HE
running Ubuntu 9.10
came up to graphical gdm log-in with x-term and sugar as selections.
Chose sugar and logged in.
results:
1-) No plymouth
2-) Browse was not installed
3-) F1 Neighborhood showed others on Jabber correctly
4-) I could not get log out or shutdown to work from F1,F3 or Frame

This is a great addition.
(I previously have installed sugar using alsroot's ppa method on Ubuntu
9.10)

Thanks for this easy install.

Tom Gilliard
satellit