[IAEP] [etoys-dev] TED - Alan Kay - Example(8:44)

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Sun Feb 21 20:18:43 EST 2010

> Here is an SVG of the simplest proof of the Pythagorean theorem I
> know, by dissection of a large square into five pieces that fit
> together into two smaller squares side by side.

Thanks Edward

Not an easy task to do in Game Maker because you would need to generate the triangles in both the initial and rotated views, that's heavy trig.

Turtle Art may be able to generate rotated views of triangles by starting at a different initial heading, I'll think about it.

May be easier in Etoys because it could handle the rotations of triangle objects. I think Scratch could handle the rotations too.

Tony