[IAEP] Will This Work???

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 10 16:18:10 EST 2010

On 12/10/2010 04:13 PM, Chris Ball wrote:
>  I still think it's an debate with
> compelling arguments in both directions, but changing the decision
> now would probably be too counter-intuitive to everyone, even if we
> decided that public-by-default wins on the merits.

I think that we are in the lucky position of having new children each year
who come to our system for the first time, with no preconceptions of how
Sugar is supposed to work.  Children are also incredibly adaptable to
changes in computer behavior (just think how computers changed during your
childhood!).  I think we should be "perpetually legacy-free", changing the
system whenever we find a way to improve it.

--Ben