[IAEP] 'apt-get install sugar-platform' available for Ubuntu9.10.

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Oct 29 19:11:51 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:50 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:29 AM,  <s.boutayeb at free.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> After a couple of weeks of reading tutorials, help from Aleksey, and
>>> some Ubuntu developers there are Sugar packages available for Ubuntu
>>> 9.10.
>>
>> Thank you for your work. After some testing, I wrote a small blog-entry with
>> some screenshots on OLPC France's blog, here:
>>
>> http://olpc-france.org/blog/2009/10/un-cartable-numerique-pur-sucre/
>>
>> The Ubuntu variant used ist UNR 9.10.
>>
> Thanks Samy,
> We have been struggling on the Ubuntu side of the project for awhile.
>
> A couple of people have already expressed interest in helping out!  I
> am hoping that the Ubuntu-SugarTeam can holding some informal
> packaging Sugar for Ubuntu classes next week.  As a project Ubuntu has
> a lot (too much) packaging information available.  If we can sort out
> the important stuff, it shouldn't take too long to get some more
> packagers on board.
>
> david

Trying to install sugar-platform in Ubuntu 9.10 leads to  a dependency problem.

sudo apt-get install sugar-platform
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  sugar-platform: Depends: sugar-fructose (>= 0.86.2) but it is not
going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Sameer