[IAEP] Call for options brainstorming: what does SLOBs decide and how

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Wed Oct 21 11:34:59 EDT 2009

At the first meeting of the new SLOBs, we realized that we didn't have a
clear listing of the scope of decisions SLOBs should make, or a way to
do it (so far everything's been done by 100% consensus, but that's afaik
not because we decided that's how we should make decisions, it's just
what we happened to fall into - and it becomes problematic when SLOBs
members dissent/go out of town for a week or two/etc.)

Tomeu and myself were recruited to come up with proposals that SLOBs
could decide between, in order to fix this. We kicked off some
brainstorming on IRC (see transcript at the link below) and now appeal
to the metabrain for more ideas.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Requesting_a_SLOBs_decision

This is currently an options-brainstorming page for several things:

     * What kinds of decisions SLOBs should make (a small and exact
list; everything else is Not A SLOBs Decision)
     * What kinds of decisions SLOBs should explicitly not make (for
common issues that we should put a redirection pointer on)
     * How a SLOBs decision is requested
     * How a SLOBs decision request is triaged
     * How a SLOBs decision is made
     * How a SLOBs decision is announced
     * How a SLOBs decision is amended

These are not final decisions or procedures. This page is currently
gathering options to decide from. Please add your ideas to the page, and
discuss options here. We'll be going through these options this Friday
(23 Oct) on #sugar-meeting at 14:00 UTC (the next SLOBs meeting).

--Mel