[IAEP] Sugar on Wireless

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Jun 28 19:02:07 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

On 28 Jun 2009, at 23:48, Dave Bauer wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Gary C Martin
> <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
>

> Were the VirtualBox VM networks set up correctly? I think NAT is the
> default setting for VirtualBox, and I'm pretty sure that will fail for
> Salut. Think of that NAT behaving like new virtual local network, as
> if your VM was running behind another separate AP.
>
> Regards,
> --Gary
>
> Hi, I just double checked this.
> NAT does not work with local collaboration. It works fine with a
> collaboration server.
> Bridged does work with local collaboration.
>
> I am looking into using the Export Appliance feature of Virutalbox
> to preset the network settings.

Was looking also, but not for another task ;-)

On a Mac at least (assuming VirtualBox was installed) the VBoxManage
terminal command can be used to make a complete install and configure
of a VDI, actually you could even place the VDI in an OS X bundle and
have a double click install icon for the whole darn shooting match
(double click install script + latest VDI + hidden launcher script for
day to day launching). None of this faffing with the VB GUI making
sure you'd configured each option correctly.

Regards,
--Gary