[IAEP] Sugar Ambassadors

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jun 19 13:43:05 EDT 2009

I have just started a Sugar Ambassadors wiki page at:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Ambassadors

The goal is to learn from and see it we can leverage some of the
community build principles used by the Fedora Ambassadors.

WARNING-- This group's name is subject to change with little or no
notice.  We have not reached consensus on a name for the group.  But,
it does not make scene to block  the formation and growth of the group
because it has no name:)  - END WARNING

The Premise behind the groups is that existing Education and Open
Source events are good opportunities to promote Sugar and Sugar Labs.
If we accept that premise, the goal of organizing the group is to find
cost effective methods of helping members of the Sugar community
attend, display at, and speak at local event and conferences.

While ambassadors could be capable of much more, it makes sense to
start small by narrowing to groups focus.  As the group matures, it
can evolve other missions.  But, for now, let's keep it simple.

To help get things started here are two specific uses case:
What resource can the ambassadors provide Mike and Jeff need to make
NECC an enjoyable, beneficial experience?
How can the ambassadors help Caryl Bigenho help Sugar Labs.

david