[IAEP] SoaS in the classroom feedback

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:25:05 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Bill Kerr<billkerr at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) once I have created a stick can I upgrade just one program, such as the
> version of Physics which saves (if so how?), or do I have to wait until that
> version is officially released and then reformat all the sticks - I suppose
> both are time consuming since I have about 20 sticks to do - but the latter
> involves waiting for the official release

Installing from packages and from .xos are incompatible. To upgrade Physics,

1 Delete or rename ~/Activities/Physics.activity.

2 In Browse, go to http://Activities.sugarlabs.org and search for Physics.

3 Click Download. The .xo bundle is saved to the Journal and installed
automatically.

I am documenting such issues in [[The undiscoverable]]. We need to
integrate these solutions into our curriculum and lesson plans.
And Children are my nation.