[IAEP] Lets Get Satisfaction (was: Community Influence)

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Wed Jul 29 10:41:57 EDT 2009

Walter Bender wrote:
> It isn't obvious at first glance why this particular site appeals to
> you. Could you describe its features and the problems you think they
> address?

It is the one I came across and a quick research (not very deep,
admittedly) didn't result in many comparable alternatives - that's also
why I asked for alternatives in the end.

What I believe is: *we need to make it easy to submit feedback*

The feedback at sl.o address was a beginning, but I think we need to
explore other possibilities, too. GetSatisfaction looks - to me - like a
good way of offering our users an easy, well designed interface, where
they can enter their requests & issues.

I mentioned some of its features already below (like the various kinds
of feedback, the possibility of making the current state on an issue
easily clear enough,m...). However, I think if we promote such a
solution well enough, it might help us to get feedback even from those
people, who're probably not that experienced with open source projects
or even feared of entering a ticket in trac ("what the heck is a bug?",
"why do I need an account here?" "what's this all about?",...).

--Sebastian