[IAEP] Lets Get Satisfaction (was: Community Influence)

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Wed Jul 29 09:55:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 09:35, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com>wrote:

> So while looking around and at various issue tracking systems, I
> discovered GetSatisfaction. I had seen that before already, but wasn't
> sure of its current state. There you go: http://getsatisfaction.com/

We had actually bounced a few ideas around on this same topic on
systems at lists.sl.o a week ago, and had looked at GS, but were leaning
towards an alternative: http://uservoice.com/. UserVoice has nice plans for
FOSS <http://uservoice.com/for/opensource>, and is a bit more digg-like in
terms of tracking.

I'm not sure what (if any) limits GS puts on their gratis plan.

I've created both a UserVoice and GS site for IAEP readers to play with, you
can find them at http://sugarlabs.uservoice.com/pages/25031-general, and
http://getsatisfaction.com/sugarlabs. My "employee" status at GS hasn't been
confirmed yet, and won't be for a couple of days, but when it is, I'll make
anybody who needs to an employee on the site as well.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc