[IAEP] Shaftsbury, VT Technology Camp

Nicco Eneidi nbotticelli at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 20:51:07 EDT 2009

I spoke to Willow today when I saw her at the local cafe and asked her if
she's used SoaS since Friday and she said she got to use it once since then.
Her computer time in general is fairly limited but she's having no problems
so far.

I am preparing a letter to be sent out tomorrow in the mail as a follow up
to the camp in general but also with our camp wiki address so that kids can
kids' work. The goal is to provide a place where they can provide their own
support network. I tried this last year too when students built computers
from scratch, installed Edubuntu, and then got to keep them at the end of
the camp.

This time students got to take home SoaS on their own stick so hopefully
they'll be talking about how to use it on the wiki.

Also, can you tell me about how much more different the image was that you
put on our drives as compared to what is available on the
sugarlabs.orgsite? If a student does have a drive that gets clobbered
would they have
reduced functionality if I were to just load up what is available from your
site?

Thank You!
-Nicco