[IAEP] SoaS in the classroom feedback

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue Jul 28 20:40:15 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

I'm excited that you are doing pilot.  How old are the kids?  From the blog
posts it looks like you have some XOs, are you using SoaS on other computers
too?

We don't have a system for feedback yet so until people complain about the
volume lets talk here on the list.

I think feedback falls into 4 categories.

   1. Sugar bugs
   2. Sugar on a Stick specific bugs and barriers to deployment
   3. Activity specific feedback and bugs
   4. Curriculum, pedagogy, lesson plans

What seems to work best is to post about problems in general then after
discussion post a bug in Trac. Sometimes I find that I just don't understand
something or can't find the right button and its not actually a bug.

I have decided that I really want more SoaS pilots so I'm going to focus for
a few weeks on problems that are barriers to teachers using SoaS this fall
(#2 above).  I would like your input on this.  My current working document
is: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/TODO

Greg Smith is gravitating towards documenting the lesson plans etc and
creating, organizing and prioritizing tickets that will help in actual usage
based on field experience (#3 above). So coordinate with him on getting your
lesson plans on the wiki and your bugs filed, categorized etc.

As you've already seen physics has an active following!  I think your kids
are older then the ones we are working with (7-9) but we will be working
with slightly older kids (8-11) and science in the fall so I'll be
interested in how we can fit it in with their curriculum.

Thanks,
Caroline

--
Caroline Meeks