[IAEP] Sugar Labs Elections at SPI

Luke Faraone lfaraone at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jul 28 19:59:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

Sugar Labs is a non-profit under the Software Freedom Conservancy which
develops and maintains the Sugar Learning Platform, the GNU/Linux Graphical
User Interface used on the OLPC XO-1 and elsewhere. The majority of the
software we release is under the GPL (some under MIT/new-BSD). We also
actively work to foster pilots of GNU/Linux-based learning systems in both
the third and "first" world.

We were planning to have our second annual board election, and were
wondering if SPI would be willing to hold/host it as a neutral third party.
We would be able to provide SPI with a list of member email addresses, as
well as a list of candidates, and would ideally like a randomized ballot
which was tallied under the
Schulze_method<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schulze_method>.
We are attempting to fill 7 seats on the board.

We would have our 2010 membership list finalized towards the end of August,
and, if convenient, would like to hold the election around that time.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc