[IAEP] SoaS feedback

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 21:02:25 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Bill Kerr<billkerr at gmail.com> wrote:
> My second semester year 10 control tech class is trialling SoaS.
> My blog is http://xo-whs2009.blogspot.com/ describes some of the lesson
> plans and issues arising. Student blogs (first impressions) are linked on
> the sidebar
> One big issue at this stage is that a Physics screen does not appear to
> save,

It saves on mine, in Strawberry. Which version of SoaS are you using?

It appears from your blog that you use the hover technique to get at
menus, rather than right-clicking. Were you aware that you can get the
menu without having to wait? I am documenting such things at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/The_undiscoverable.

> this will severely limit what we can do with it. Physics is by far the
> most popular activity in free exploration provided for the first few lessons.

Measure is my favorite, starting with acoustics. But you can hook up
any instrument that puts out an electrical signal in the 0-1V range. I
have written up and extended Alan Kay's lessons on Galilean gravity.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/images/0/0e/Gravity.odt

> --
> Bill Kerr

And Children are my nation.