[IAEP] [DESIGN] control center proposal for GNOME

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 05:07:08 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Tomeu Vizoso<tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sun proposed this experience for a rework of the preferences system in GNOME:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/Whiteboard/ControlCenter
>
> Might have interesting ideas for the future of the Sugar settings panel?

I like the way they are handling subitems:

http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/Whiteboard/ControlCenter/Sun/FrontPage?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=PP-D6b.jpg
http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/Whiteboard/ControlCenter/Sun/FrontPage?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=PP-D6c.jpg

This is sorely needed - eg, for the keyboard section I am working on,
adding anything other than the layout[1] would make the section
terribly cluttered. However, at some point we would probably want to
see customizable short-cuts, behaviour of special modifier keys (Meta,
Super etc) and maybe things like key repeat rate, etc.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

[1] http://people.sugarlabs.org/sayamindu/cpanel_kbd.png

--