[IAEP] Resources in Spanish for the XO and Sugar including Teacher Workshops

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 21:46:11 EDT 2009

Hello Nancie,

Welcome to OLPC!  Here is are links to the teachers' manuals from Peru.  They are in Spanish, but excellent. It tells how to do almost everything you would want to do.
There are 3 parts totalling over 100 pages.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sur#Per.C3.BA

They also have an excellent web site with a lot of links to interesting things:

http://www.perueduca.edu.pe/web/visitante/inicio

Mexico also has a lot of things on the web. Some of their screen shots may be from older versions of Sugar, but their manuals are excellent.

http://www.mochiladigitaltelmex.com.mx/olpc/index.php/Herramientas_pedagógicas

They have also done some excellent training sessions.  This link will take you to the page with links to their workshop lesson plans, participant guides, and a short "presentation."

http://www.mochiladigitaltelmex.com.mx/olpc/index.php/Talleres_Mochila_Digital_Telmex

They deal with far more than how to use the XO.  There is a lot of other important information too.  Probably the 2nd one is the most important as it deals with constructionism and collaborative learning.

Unfortunately, they are all in Spanish.  Here is a suggestion...find a friend who is fluent in Spanish and spend several hours perusing these teacher workshop resources.  Take copious notes. Then write your own workshop lesson plan.

Of course, your most useful resource in English will be the FLOSS manuals at:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/

The ones for OLPC are on the right-hand column.

I hope you will be able to use some of these resources in your project. We really need someone to dedicate some time to get them translated into other languages.

Caryl