[IAEP] [support-gang] An Opportunity to bring vital content tothe Sugar/XO world - Needs technical help.

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Jul 22 11:14:50 EDT 2009

On 22 Jul 2009, at 15:41, Gary C Martin wrote:

> On 22 Jul 2009, at 15:15, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 16:08, Gary C Martin<gary at garycmartin.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Tomeu, for what it's worth I don't think this is anything todo with
>>> Flash/Gnash incompatibility. The current eatboom SWF (and FLA
>>> source) is
>>> simply not quite working (likely related to the quick change they
>>> made for
>>> it to run outside of the rest of their system). I've tried with a
>>> number of
>>> Adobe Flash player versions and plugins, including your current
>>> gnash rpms,
>>> and they all fail to progress in the same way.
>>
>> But it's working here on Flash 10.0 r22 :/
>>
>> Any idea about what can be going on?
>
> Oh joy...
>
> FWIW: It fails to progress with Flash 10.0 r22 here with OS X Leopard
> on my Mac.

Arrrrgh! :-)

I take it back!!

It turns out the game has an extra key you have to guess for. You do
not just use the cursor keys to walk about and collect the correct
correct answers, once you pick it up an answer you have to press
return/enter to accept it! Aaaaarrrggh!!!

OK so now I'm progressing levels with Flash 10.0 r22, and failing to
progress on Gnash.

Many apologies for muddying the water (but this game needs to clearly
indicate you have to "press return to eat").

FWIW: This swf currently holds a bunch of audio/mpeg mp3 files that
are all erroring out in GNASH due to it being non-free codec that
would need separate install. For anyone with a current Flash IDE this
should be a 30sec fix to change the audio publish format to something
supported.

I doubt the audio issue is preventing the levels from progressing, but
there is a big fanfare at the end of each level as you exit the door.

Apologies again,
--Gary