[IAEP] segregated activities from the sugar platform

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 08:28:46 EDT 2009

I'm wondering if there isn't a way to include a dialogue that allows a
user to share activities to other xmpp users that are listed in a
listbox... Without collaboration there isn't much point in running
activities outside of sugar.

kind regards,
David Van Assche

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta<sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Tomeu Vizoso<tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 14:42, Walter Bender<walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <..snip snip>
>

>>> I had set up Turtle Art to be able to run outside of Sugar. It has a
>>> .desktop file and should install under the Applications/Education menu
>>> on the desktop. Or run it from the shell from turlteart.py.
>>>
>>> It has its problems: no access to the toolbar and no access to the
>>> journal or sharing. But it runs.
>>
>> We have quite a bit of work until we can get it to work, but it's
>> doable to have everything working out of the Sugar shell.
>>

> Attached is a written in half an hour python script, which runs most
> of the activities installed in my system (not the jhbuild ones - but
> the ones installed via yum groupinstall sugar-desktop)
> It has probably got the highest possible number of bug per line, and
> does no error checking of each kind, but it's a start. I don't know
> when I'll be able to put more effort into this - but if anyone else is
> interested, please feel free to go ahead.
>
> Run it in the form of
>
> run_activities_in_desktop.py Jukebox /home/sayamindu/abc.ogg
>
> (note that Jukebox is case sensitive)
>
> There is no way to view the neighbourhood, and there is no way to see
> the journal, and for all I know, the journal service does not run in
> the background as well - so objectchooser won't work.
>
> Thanks,
> Sayamindu
>

> --
> Sayamindu Dasgupta
> [http://sayamindu.randomink.org/ramblings]

Stephen Leacock  - "I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue
that I shall some day die, which is not so." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/stephen_leacock.html