[IAEP] [support-gang] An Opportunity to bring vital content to the Sugar/XO world - Needs technical help.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 14:01:05 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Caroline Meeks<solutiongrove at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Or, is this something you think our volunteer programmers should try to
>> reverse-engineer and create for Sugar and the XO?
>
> Yes, or more likely for the XS.  My first thought on how to approach it is
> to rewrite the server/teacher software as a Moodle plugin.  But that is not
> the only possible approach.

Moodle already has "classroom management"... umm... you could say that
it _is_ classroom management. :-)

My guess here is that it'd be a good idea to have some glue code where
Moodle mimics whatever protocol the "server" provides for the IFL
device?

If someone takes on the writing of that "glue" moodle-IFL code, I'll
be happy to mentor and support on the Moodle (and XS oddities) side of
things.

In terms of good content to use on the XS, there are a number of
projects publishing content in SCORM and IMS-CP formats, under liberal
licenses. Those formats are absolutely no-fuss, drop-into-moodle (and
into most LMSs!), and the projects working on that deserve love and
help.

There is also some efforts to get more teachers in the Moodle
community sharing example courses, course materials, etc (there's a
whole section in Moodle.org focused on that!).

For people interested in content (static and interactive) for XS/XO,
this is a very good avenue to explore.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions