[IAEP] minimum hardware requirements for Strawberry OS

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:11:01 EDT 2009

Thanks for your persistence in providing feedback.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM, otro pogo<otropogo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am interested in your OS, but frustrated by my inability to find a
> description of the minimal hardware requirements to install and run it.

We don't yet know what the minimal requirements are. In general, it
should work anywhere the Fedora liveUSB will work. (I am looking for
documentation on the Fedora site, but haven't found anything yet.)

> I'm thinking particularly of CPU type and speed; type, speed, and size of
> system RAM; and  type of video display adapter and memory.

It will run on an OLPC XO-1, which has 256MB of RAM and a ~400MIPs
processor and we are beginning to compile a list of compatible
hardware in the wiki:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/FAQ

> I also found it maddening that none of the listings I checked  via the
> site's "contact/; tab provided an e-mail address. I had to go back to the
> main page and look through it carefully to find this one, which happily, I
> had noticed on the first scan. Less happily, I didn't remember where, and
> had to leaf through many pages to find it again.

Not sure which contact tab you are referring to, but there is an email
address on:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Contacts

Any suggestions as to where else we should list it are welcome.

regards

-walter
--
Walter Bender