[IAEP] [Fwd: activities]

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Jul 13 09:12:15 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 02:46:27PM +0200, Tony Anderson wrote:
> Wade,
>
> I have finally posted the ShowNTell activity to ASLO. I hope to post the
> Quiz activity tomorrow. The BotSpeak activity appears to be redundant.
>
> The ShowNTell activity needs a help button to show how the activity
> works. It also needs lots of testing on collaboration. In the meantime,
> I hope to get some feedback.
>
> The Quiz activity in the second version will add the capability to
> create a quiz on the XO and to collaborate. Collaboration should be on
> the same model as ShowNTell (ClassroomPresenter).
>
> I tested both activities on SoaS at LinuxTag. In both cases there are
> coding changes needed. Is there an approved way for an activity to test
> whether it is on the XO (0.82) or SoaS? The currently posted versions
> will only work on 0.82.

You are free to mark your activity ready only for 0.82(for XO)/0.84(on
soas and other SugarPlatfor-0.84 environments) on ASLO.
Anyway editors(while processing your nominate to public request) should
check that it runs well on proper platform.

> Please let me know if there is more that I can do to make a proper release.

If your question about regular procedures on ASLO,
you just need to nominate your activity to public from "Change Status"
page on http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/developers

--
Aleksey