[IAEP] community discussion plan

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jul 10 16:56:19 EDT 2009

I have been looking at community building needs for the next 6 months
to a year..  I am thinking about taking it pretty slow; there don't
seems to be any major blockers to community development

Phase I
Focus on Mission, Vision, and Values.  This is a pretty high level
discussion which builds on top of similar work we did last years.  The
emphasis will be 'what we share in common.'

Phase II
How we get there?
  building capacity - building product
  innovation - implementation
  supply side - demand side
  education - technology

The emphasis will be on what trade offs and compromises are required
given our current and near term resources and how do we leverage our
strengths while minimize our weaknesses.

Phase III.
Iterative process between:
  Personal Roadmaps
  Team Roadmaps
  Project Roadmaps

The emphasis will be on setting personal, team, and project level
goals to make Phase I happen while considering the constraints
identified in phase II.

I like to use the forming, storming, norming, performing group life
cycle model.  It is interesting to consider that even though we have
have many of the same people, our roles and relationships have
evolved.  If we then add in all the great  new contributors Sugar Labs
is a different group than it was last year at this time

Seem reasonable?

david

--
David Farning