[IAEP] Marketing Digest, Vol 9, Issue 9

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:23:20 EDT 2009

Ed,

I see your point.  I just don't know how you would go about convincing
anyone that believes that.  Consider how many people in the U.S.
believe that Obama is a practicing Muslim, or that 9-11 was some kind
of government conspiracy.  Any attempt to reason with such people is
futile and may make them believe what they believe even more strongly.
 A couple of days ago I was researching just what it would take to
make a really simplified flight simulator Activity.  Suppose I had
found enough information and had actually written it.  Put that
together with the Quar'an studying Activity and we'd be accused of
training the next generation of terrorists.

The only thing I can think of that might help is using local
organizations like the one in Nepal to create custom versions of SoaS
with pre-loaded content chosen for their own country.  Even then,
suppose we just decided to target the United States with SoaS how
would we select content that would be compelling but wouldn't offend
anyone?  I don't think you could do it.

James Simmons