[IAEP] Physics

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 15:08:57 EDT 2009

Just a snip from Gabriel Eirea from a recent post about Activities,

> One more comment: kids are hungry for games, all types of games, all
> the time, there is no way to satisfy them. They don't want just the
> "finished" activities, they want the simple pacman clone and tetris
> clone and all the student scratch-based games that only appear in
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/All.

Someone once said that 'playing is children's natural learning work'.  The
above excerpt attests to that.

I can hardly wait to see what we'll learn by having collaboration in the
Physics Activity, http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4193,
and watching those in the playground.

...This whole approach starts to help children stop "thinking in words" and
> start to think in terms of relationships, causes and effects, and most
> importantly in terms of whole systems.
>
> There are very few teachers in the US that understand any of this, even in
> HS.

We could begin to develop demonstrations for parents and teachers.

p.s.  Here is a resource that may be helpful,
http://www.museumofplay.org/about_us/index.html.

         --Fred