[IAEP] Reading (was Re: changes in outlook with Sugar

Alan Kay alan.nemo at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 08:35:28 EDT 2009

Hi Ed,

I couldn't agree more. But the reason that there are so many non-reading-non-writing children and adults is that there are not enough adults around who understand how to do all this (imagine how wonderful it would be if all adults just understand what Montessori was really trying to do and how). My essaylet was aimed at the very difficult problem of how much and many of the gaps created by inadequate mentoring in all areas could be bridged by above threshold computer mentors. I think the answer is "some very important ones, but not all", and I'm advocating a "grand challenge" effort to make the mentors which can fill some of these important gaps.

Cheers,

Alan