[IAEP] Communicating project goals and Roadmap

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 13:00:18 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> 2009/7/2 Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com>:
> > I don't know Tomeu, what do you think?
>
> I sincerely don't know but I hope that someone will explain what they
> need from the development team to succeed.

The idea is that *all* of Sugar Labs needs to think deeply about how we
develop the next stage of Sugar and Sugar Labs.  What is most important to
refine and advance, and what important pieces need to be added.

This seems to be a followup to the call for *Champions* to advocate for the
features needed to better serve our communities.  Champions that can
integrate with the Design, Development, Activity, Education, Deployment,
Marketing, and other Teams.

For example, see this discussion thread on the 'netbook' as terminology,
http://www.mail-archive.com/sugar-devel@lists.sugarlabs.org/msg05906.html,
and the suggestion to push ad-hoc wireless networking into a native feature
of Sugar.  This would give Sugar a large, advantageous multiplier effect for
creating more pervasive networking to take advantage of our core feature,
collaboration.

Powerful ideas please step forward...

           --Fred