[IAEP] Ncomputing

Luke Faraone luke at laptop.org
Fri Jul 3 10:58:19 EDT 2009

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 15:29, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

>  > One thing we spoke about here locally was getting some thin client
> > device that was really certified to work with Sugar and whatever
> > distro... It would be a necessary requirement for country level
> > deployments...
>
> Sounds good, what's the work that needs to be done in order to reach there?

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but I recently met with some of the folks
from NComputing at a recent conference. They seemed very interested in
getting Sugar "verified" as working with their thin-client-like hardware, so
that they can offer it as a supported (by them) option to their deployments.
I'm currently in the process of getting it to work with the most recent
releases of Fedora and Ubuntu, and will report back with my progress.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc