[IAEP] changes in outlook with Sugar (was Re: Comments on David Kokorowski, David Pritchard and "Mastering" Educational SW)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 05:29:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Martin
Langhoff<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> My preference -- as you can guess now -- is to understand how can we
> aim for wider tools and approaches that take advantage of social
> dynamics. These will be perhaps less directly effective in their
> feedback loop (addictiveness, stickiness, etc), but will be able to
> deal with the kind of skills that computers can't help with.

In other words, what I wonder is how can we make Sugar help with the
kinds of strategies outlined here
http://keycompetencies.tki.org.nz/Monitoring . The page assumes an
adult-led environment, can we make it work even with little or no
adult leadership?

The Journal is a key part of it. Moodle -- if I can integrate it
reasonably well -- is another.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com