[IAEP] changes in outlook with Sugar (was Re: Comments on David Kokorowski, David Pritchard and "Mastering" Educational SW)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 10:52:17 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Alan Kay<alan.nemo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> We can see this with the XO and OLPC also. Much is made about "getting

Hi Alan,

your answer is very humbling, and talks about solving a huge problem.
One that OLPC, Sugar and related projects are just one part of a wider
solution.

In practical terms, however, it is hard to hear that "the problem is
too big for us". I would hope for a vision of what part Sugar and OLPC
can play here, as part of the bigger thing.

You said:

> So my "vision" here is let's try to find supertalents in this area wherever
> in the world and try to fund them.

Let's assume you managed to recruit some of those (humble)
supertalents. They are rowing hard, and have their own ideas of what
to do next, but would also like to hear your opinion on mid and long
term goals and visions on the track we are working on.

Have you seen recent versions of Sugar and/or the OLPC laptop + software?

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions