[IAEP] GPA Report:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=JCl&ei=57hLSpyJNZCWtge62cmbDQ&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=uruguay&spell=1

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 2 05:23:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 21:33, Caroline Meeks<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Quick report on today's progress.  I also have this on the wiki.
>
> There is implied (I hope) help wanted on both the technical issues and on
> pedagogical ideas and how to implement them.  I'm flying off to CA for a
> family event so I will be fairly out of touch but should still be reading
> email.
>
> Thank you for your support! The teachers are very excited about the
> possibilities!
>
> Critical Path Technical Issues
>
> Our biggest issue is collaboration. We either need to get local
> collaboration, jabber collaboration or a local XS working
>
> * Ticket 1014 http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1014 - Jabber keeps dying,
> then it falls back to Salut, that only finds one computer, then it tried
> Jabber again, works briefly, dies.
>
> * Ticket 1012 - not collaborating locally

I think this is an excellent opportunity to get one more technical
contributor involved in Sugar Labs. Can you see if via local linux
user groups, student associations, etc. you can find someone with
linux experience that wants to spend some hours helping us debug this
issue?

I would say we need someone local that is not afraid of IRC, trac or
wiki, familiar with the command line and with enough patience and will
to learn.

Regards,

Tomeu