[IAEP] Squeakers documentary (was Re: Physics)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jul 1 09:33:14 EDT 2009

On 01.07.2009, at 14:35, Alan Kay wrote:

> For example, one child "Tyrone" (shown in the "Squeakers" CD
> explaining all this)

"Squeakers" is an award-winning documentary movie about teaching math
and science using Etoys in the class room (made in 2002). It's in
English and was subtitled by the Squeak community to quite a few
languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Greek,
Japanese, Chinese and a few others. We gave out some DVDs at LinuxTag
last week (you know who you are, care to comment once you've seen
it? ;)).

The individual chapters are available online
	http://squeakland.org/resources/audioVisual/
(though not converted to OGG yet, which is on the To Do list I think)

At the very bottom of that page you can find a link to buy the
subtitled NTSC DVD for $8. The subtitled PAL version (otherwise
identical) can be purchased from Squeak e.V. Germany for 8€ iirc.

- Bert -