[IAEP] Fwd: Developer gathering in Trondheim, Norway - January 2009

Martin Sevior msevior at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 07:55:28 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is one of these mails which stayed in "I should reply to this" too
> long... :/
>
> On Freitag, 5. Dezember 2008, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> > So your, or any other sugar developers, attendency would certainly be
>> > welcome.
>> Ok, how could I help? Any subject I could talk about? Workshops to prepare?
>
> I guess its too late now, the meeting will start in 4 days and you probably
> will not be able to make it anymore?
>
> That said, I think two things would be most useful: a.) help with deciding and
> polishing the 0.82 sugar stuff we have for lenny b.) give a presentation
> about what sugar is (teacher centric) and how to write applications for it
> (beginner programmer centric).
>
> We'll have more meetings coming up this year, so if you cant make this one,
> maybe the next?

Hi Holger and the rest of the Debian community...

One of the things that Debian needs to do to package sugar is to
distribute AbiWord as libAbiword with a small binary wrapper. This has
been done for Fedora. We've told the AbiWord Debian packager about
this but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe some extra encouragement from
within the Debian community could help this happen faster.

Cheers!

Martin Sevior