[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Sucrose 0.83.4 Development Release

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 02:10:53 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> I meant it should have been optional, but if we switch to using the
> "Closes: header in the body, where we have no size constraints, then
> we could has well use the prefix consistently.

One important note WRT 'Closes'...

Code hits git way earlier than it hits the package. So in most
projects where I work, people will put in the commit msg a bugnumber,
meaning that it's _related_ to that bug. To say it 'closes' the bug
denotes a confidence I rarely have when working with the SCM.

Once it's tested, and everyone's happy, the new release gets packaged,
and we can say - with more confidence - that it closes some bugs.

For example I have done series of 100+ patches related to one "bug".
None of them "closed" it, but once the new (major) release was ready,
the package changelog did say "Closes: #123".

What's good for packaging... is good for packaging!

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions