[IAEP] Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing

Marco Pesenti Gritti marcopg at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jan 20 03:17:54 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Costello, Rob R
<Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
> I see there are 6 descriptors on the getting involved page
>
> Only one of them seems primarily about 'working code' - which I doubt
> that many educators have contributed to. Just interested discussion and
> practical experience.

It seems like David post created some discontent on the list:

http://gregdek.livejournal.com/44081.html?thread=330545#t330545

For what it's worth this is how I interpreted it (quoting my answer there):

I think you are misunderstanding David post. Often on the list we have
conversations which are not productive. Both talk and action are
important, but talk is easier and hence often tends to be predominant
(it's first of all a critique to myself!). David is correct that as a
community we need to get better at *making* things and we need to
highly value people that does. There are many ways to create wonderful
things for the project, working code being just an example.

Marco