[IAEP] Getting Involved

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Jan 18 07:44:49 EST 2009

On 18 Jan 2009, at 11:34, Gabriel Eirea wrote:

> Gary,
>
> That work is wonderful. However, I believe there is a very important
> role that is missing. It is the role of the theacher as a designer of
> activities with specific pedagogic goals. It is somehow in the
> intersection of the Content Writer, the Designer and the Developer,
> but I believe the role is distinct and deserves special attention.

Yes absolutely! I'd like to see these role descriptions (and perhaps
main names) soften somewhat and be more inclusive of education/teacher/
student types**. I see the current 6 roles less as square pigeon-holes
to fit into, more as button badges to wear (I'm guessing I have about
3 on just now). If improving the descriptions/names is not enough,
then I'll be happy to create a role icon for a teacher/student/
educator pigeon-hole.

**teachers, students, and educators should be encouraged in get
involved in all aspects of Sugar Labs – though not try to take on all
aspects at the same time ;-)

Regards,
--Gary