[IAEP] Getting Involved

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Jan 18 06:11:46 EST 2009

On 18 Jan 2009, at 02:22, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> Gary,
>
> your work on http://sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/GettingInvolved is
> TOTALLY AWESOME!
>
> Thank you very much for taking care of it.

Thanks Bernie, glad you liked it!

The example role texts still in need of some additional edits (more
Sugar, teacher, education, student targeted language I think). I did
make additions/changes in that direction already – the original Fedora
text was very much aimed at hardcore FOSS geeks :-)

There are some roles not so well covered by the page yet (also hinted
at in Rob Costello's email). Specifically QA/testing/BugSquad
(currently falls under the developer role); educational-content/
teaching-material (currently falls mostly under the content writer
role – is this core SL or are we trying to enable teachers to do this).

To all: Edits welcome! :-) Try and look at the roles you think you're
currently involved with, and make sure their descriptions hint at the
kind of things you do and skills you needed. I can always build some
new role icons if folks think they can't fit in anywhere else (might
be worth adding a single 3 span strip below current roles, as a catch
all).

--Gary