[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] feature freeze issue #3: resume by default

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Sat Jan 17 08:45:54 EST 2009

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one more issue we should discuss is a modification that came in last
> week by which the favorites view in the home view displays the last
> entries for each activity and allows easy resuming. See Eben's designs
> in http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Designs/Activity_Management .
>
> We are unsure about how mature is this UI change and if it should be
> deferred to a later release. Eben and Simon, can you comment on the
> concrete issues you see with the current implementation?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tomeu

One addition is: This code is in git already, so we would need to take
it out again (tomeu says that it is not complicated though).

Issues: We do not have a don't save those changes option. If you resume
by default you could overwrite something you needed. So we loose the
undo functionality. This makes the need for a "Don't keep" option more
important I think.

Eben, so far did not confirm Tomeu's resume changes yet.

Best,
   Simon