[IAEP] Content Writer FOR Sugar missing from static web site pages

C.W. Holeman II cwhii_gm at julianlocals.com
Tue Jan 6 10:24:59 EST 2009

I looked at the static Sugar Labs page [1] for information on how to be a
content provider for Sugar systems. What I found was the Getting
Involved page [2]  which describes the various kinds of Contributors
which are:

  - Content writer
  - Designer
  - Developer
  - People Person
  - Translator
  - Web Developer or Administrator

There should be a Sugar Content Writer in list. There is a Content
Writer in the list but that is for creating documentation ABOUT Sugar
such user manuals and web page content. A Content Writer FOR
Sugar is missing.

The descriptions for each kind of Contributor includes references to
which Teams each kind of Contributor is to work with.

The only reference I found about providing content FOR a Sugar system
was under the Deployment Team page[3]  which states that the Team
addresses "How to distribute and support" ...  "and to build local Sugar
Labs organizations worldwide".  It explains that a local Sugar Lab would:

> Develop Local content and software that can be used not only for
> local purposes but also for the overall community

None of the kinds of Contributors in the list shows any connection to the
Deployment Team.

Also, the "Develop Local content" is the only place Sugar content is referenced.
I found no references for general content FOR Sugar.

[1] http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com/projects/sugarlabs/betasite/
[2] http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com/projects/sugarlabs/betasite/index.php?template=page&page=contributors_join
[3] http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com/projects/sugarlabs/betasite/index.php?template=page&page=deployment

--
C.W.Holeman II   |   cwhii_cplo at JulianLocals.com   |   http://emle.sf.net/
 To only a fraction of the  human  race does God  give the  privilege of