[IAEP] packaging sugar in all major distros

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jan 13 05:59:44 EST 2009

Hi all,

have just created a page where to track the packaging effort in each distro:

http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Packaging

If packagers were so kind to maintain their bits updated, it will give
an idea to Sugar developers of which platforms are best suited to test
the development release of Sugar. So we can direct to those when
someone volunteers to do some Sugar testing.

I'm a bit worried about the amount of testing we are going to get in
0.83, as OLPC used to test development releases in their joyride
builds but that's probably not going to happen at time for the 0.84
release.

So expect me to bug the distribution teams for updated packages in the
next weeks ;)

Thanks,

Tomeu