[IAEP] sugar framework

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:15:38 EST 2009

Hi,
   So today a couple of us education enthusiasts were contemplating
the recent discussions concerning an easier activity creation method,
which might involve ajax or Flash. The problem with Flash, apart from
its proprietary nature, is the fact that it doesn't really do
collaboration, one of the corner stones of sugar. It came to my mind
that to make things easier for content creators, a structured method
for creating activities is what is really needed. Something like a
framework, as is available for many languages (think django or python)
but with a very specific aim, building educational apps that include
collaboration. I can foresee something like that making many more
educators interested in coding educational apps. The framework
wouldn't have to be very complicated at all, it could just be a higher
set of commands (something like etoys, but simpler) that are
specifically focused to making the sugar activity ui, help with
collaboration, and then have a specific set of available instructions.
I've never been involved in the creation of a framework, so maybe what
I'm saying isn't realistic, but its an idea....

kind Regards,
David Van Assche
www.nubae.com